Monday, April 11, 2011

Radishes - deliciousness!

I have found my new favourite snack food - well it's not so new because I've loved them since I can remember, but I have most recently reacquainted myself with my beloved Radish!

Points-wise I did really well today but it's normally the evenings that I tend to binge out on chocolate, cheese/crackers/piccadilli, toasted cheese sandwiches or whatever else has the misfortune to be in my pantry, so I was getting pretty worried about myself and lack of control as the night wore on...

After I bathed the kids, massaged them both, dressed them and got them both off to bed, I decided to catch up on some reading of my fav blog www.sherylyvette.com... and as though by auto pilot, I found myself with my head in the fridge looking for something to inhale, when thankfully I found a little bag of sweet radishes that I bought last week (and had forgotten all about!!!) My saviours!!

Delicious!  I ate the entire bag (approximately 10 radishes) and then tracked them - zero points!  And what's really great is that I feel really satisfied!

The only downer is my two year old son, being curious about the kai I was eating, demanded some - I gave him one thinking that he would promptly spit it out, but alas - he loves them too!  No sooner than I gave him the first one, we were "cheers-ing" each other's radishes and then fighting over the last one!

They are rich in ascorbic acid, folic acid and potassium. They are a good source of vitamin B6, riboflavin, magnesium, copper, and calcium. BONUS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment