Friday, May 27, 2011

Round the Bridges - May 2011

Kia ora everybody

Here's a (better late than never) photo recap of my first walking event of the year "The Whanganui Chronicle Round the Bridges Fun Run"

It took place on Sunday 8th May 2011 which was Mother's Day!  An awesome way to celebrate Mothers Day I thought!

Here is my photo recap:

Early set up - before the crowds arrived

Maemae, myself and Ngaire - all geared up and super excited!  Pom Pom Power!

That's me!  Raring to go!

Queuing up at the start line!

The TOIHA 10kmers!

Our city's amazing Mayor Annette Main (I love this woman!)

I am used to seeing the back of this guy - I trailed behind him in the last 10km I walked!



Getting really hot now, just about halfway!

Just coming up from crossing under the Cobham Bridge

About to walk over the Cobham Bridge


Hot and bothered!


A water stop - by our "Pencils"



Happy to have the finish line in my sights

Getting my certificate and crossing the finish line!

Neihana and I - celebrating!  He ended up being my walking companion!
The delicious cupcakes my kids brought me for Mother's Day - they presented these to me after the walk 

Watch out cupcake!  Here I come!!!
 It was a really great event and I thoroughly enjoyed myself!  I managed to do it in great time - 1 hour and 25 minutes!  Whoop whoop!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment