Friday, April 6, 2012

Lunch challenge update

Well I'm very happy to report that my self imposed lunch challenge has been going great.

I stopped doing a daily update just because I don't have enough hours in the day.

It was a challenging week seeing as it was my boss-of-ten-years last week of work so there were a couple of lunch dates to contend with.

Luckily both of the eating lunch out excursions were paid for so my wallet did really great this week.

I made sure to take packed snacks to work for both morning and afternoon tea and just left out the main part of my lunch on those days.

I also discovered a fabulously delicious addition to a lunchbox regular, my faithful friend "yoghurt". I added a handful of frozen blueberries into the container and "voila". They just make yoghurt that little bit more divine!

On tuesday a supplier that I work closely with shouted the office two big platters of subway. Awesome! On that particular day I was feeling rather famished and had eaten the majority of my lunch by 11am. (my excuse is that us in Nz have just come off daylight savings time so my stomach was still adjusting).

Next week I have a planned Lunch date on Friday. It's with one of my girlfriends so I'll encourage her to pack a lunch and we can make the most of the end of the beautiful weather by enjoying an outdoorsy picnic together.

No comments:

Post a Comment